Thursday, February 02, 2006

Nerd diversion: the new PC

Circa August 20, 2005. After finally having received some money from the EBI (after having been working there for over 6 weeks and lining up the job for around 6 months), I went out and bought myself a whole bunch of PC bits and set about getting myself something to do at night. Up to this point I still only had a bed, a table, a chair, and a bunch of plates and cutlery in my whole apartment with which to amuse myself. The PC I built consisted of the following:
  • CPU - AMD 3500+ (2.2GHz) Venice (socket 939, 90nm)
  • 2GB RAM (2 x 1GB, PC3200/400MHz)
  • Asus A8V-E deluxe (2xSATA2, firewire, gigabit ethernet, 802.11g, digital audio, 8xUSB2)
  • 2 x 200GB 7200 RPM SATA HDDs (8MB cache), one of which I brought with me from Australia
  • nVidia 6800GT video card
  • Dual layer 8x DVD-RW (Phillips I think)
  • Logitech wireless matching black keyboard/mouse (LX500)
  • Piano black sexay case (Antec)
  • and, last, but certainly not least, a 24" LCD screen! (Dell 2405FPW)
Check it out:
Yummy
Gotta love removeable drive bays.
Check out the size of that screen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home